Friday 7 March 2014

Reflective Blog Post - Filming

I found myself filming half of the scenes which was very interesting for me. I had to get the right shots and camera movement so I just decided to explore different shots and do what I feel is right by trusting my instincts and self creativity. This was very successful indeed as I tested my camera and technical skills to the limit and had to make it worth while which it was when we looked over the clips in editing. I really enjoyed the experience and challenge I had to get the filming as close to perfection as possible. I filmed the jogger scene as well as most of the princess scene.

Thankfully there was no critical advise about my filming and just good feedback. Our group members each had at least one part to film to be involved as well. Another way was using the flip camera to use it as proof of us filming and using the equipment. However there were some scenes which were filmed by other group members which could not be used due to either poor filming or inappropriate mise-en scene which wasn't a huge problem as majority of the time we would always re-film again.

We had to seriously plan when to film and make serious commitments to the group as we had to take factors into consideration when filming such as if the entrance of the college is busy we cannot film so it is best to film when everyone else is in lesson as well as checking the weather so that lighting is not severely affected or filmed on different time of day etc. We all however managed to agree on getting round this by cooperating and this was not a big problem majority of the time but timetable was an issue as we all had lessons at different times and needed two people minimum at least to film outside of lesson time.

No comments:

Post a Comment