Friday 24 January 2014

Researching Music and Sound 3

Copyright and Legality.

As you saw in an earlier blog I made sure that the audio clip entitled 'Chatter in School Corridor Sound Effect' was free to use for everybody.
















There are a couple of reasons why I did this:

  • The exam board is very strict about guidelines for the music/sound we use. It has to be copyright free as they don't want us breaking the law.
  • They award more marks to students who create foley sounds themselves and by showing that I understand the copyright law and sourcing copyright free music I can be awarded the extra marks.
  • If I can show that I'm layering my sound but also having sound effects like glass downs and footsteps I may achieve higher marks for my use of sound in the production. 
Proof that the music was copyright free and was available to everybody.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment